How to use Driver Live Tracking?
NOTE: The Driver live Tracking is in the Beta Testing phase. If you are a part of the Beta Test group, please let us know of any bugs or irregularities you might come across.
Want to be a part of the Beta Test Group? Reach out to us at email@example.com
Requirements for Live Tracking to work:
- All drivers must use the
- Upper for Driver app must be on the latest version
- All necessary permissions for using on-device GPS, Internet, etc., must be given on the Driver app
- The Admin/Dispatch Manager must have enabled the "Live Tracking" option from the web admin (Enabled by default)
Enabling the Live Tracking
Click on the bottom left corner of the menu and click on the "Driver App Config" option.
Then, go to the Navigation Setting and check the "Enable Live Location" box.
Live Tracking the Drivers
NOTE: You can actively track the driver if the route is "in transit." If the route is completed or not yet started by the driver, the liver tracking will not work. This is to ensure driver privacy and the conservation of driver mobile devices.
- Go to the "Analytics" Screen from the left menu.
- Select the "Driver Live Tracking" tab
Select a route plan that is "In Transit."
- Locate the driver's current location on the map and see more details, as shown in the screenshot below
Breaking down the above screenshot: